ALTER-G FOR POST OPERATIVE REHAB AT THE INJURY CLINIC PHYSIOTHERAPY
ALTER-G FOR POST-OPERATIVE REHAB AT THE INJURY CLINIC GEELONG
ALTER-G TREADMILL AT THE INJURY CLINIC
The Injury Clinic Physiotherapy offers the only AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill available to the general population in the Greater Geelong Region. It is often integrated into the management plan of clients with injuries to lower limb, inclusive of post-operative rehabilitation. By reducing body weight, load can be reduced and rehabilitation progressed more quickly.
HOW THE ANTI-GRAVITY TREADMILL WORKS
– Uses air to comfortably and precisely unweight to as little as 20% of body weight in 1% increments.
– Reduces impact and gravitational forces without compromising natural biomechanics.
– Integrates gait analytics and live digital video monitoring for data-driven improvement.
– Gait measures are provided in real time, allowing both assessment and feedback regarding: weight bearing; step length; stance time; cadence
– Live video feed is also available
ALTER-G TREADMILL: WHAT TO EXPECT
The use of the Alter-G Treadmill may be suggested to you by your treating physiotherapist as part of your post-op management plan.
Including the Alter-G in your management will allow progressive loading of tissues towards pre-surgical activity, prevent de-conditioning and accelerate return to sport time frames.
Use of the Alter-G in post-operative management is always discussed with surgeons prior to use. This ensures a team approach to management and open and clear communication in regards to rehabilitation.
**If you are not currently a client of The Injury Clinic, you may still access the Alter-G, but you will require an initial consult with one of our Physiotherapists prior to using the Alter-G. This allows them to discuss your goals, aims, injury history etc. as well as instructing how to use, and care for the treadmill.