- 2x Chicken Breast
- 5x Rasher Rindless Shortcut Bacon
- 1x Brown Onion
- 1x Handful of Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 2x Can of Light Evaporated Milk
- 2x Can of Crushed Tomatoes
- Smoked Paprika
- Sriracha Sauce
- Shaved Parmesan Cheese
- Dust of corn flour (if required)
- Pasta cooked of your choice
- Add pasta to boiling water with a few grinds of salt
- Brown chicken in pan, then add diced bacon and onion
- Once cooked, add cans of crushed tomatoes and evaporated milk to simmer
- Corn flour can be added if you would prefer your sauce thicker.
- When sauce is at desired thickness, add sundried tomatoes, a sprinkle of smoked paprika, and sriracha sauce (however much heat you enjoy).
- Spoon sauce into a bowl of cooked pasta, then add a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
A great alternative to a traditional bolognese pasta. Instead of using evaporated milk you could add Greek yoghurt. Greek yoghurt will add some thickness to the sauce and is a great alternative to sour cream or milk. Additional vegetables could also be added to this pasta including fresh spinach and mushrooms. This would help add some colour to the dish and to increase your overall vegetable intake for the day. Alternatively, the pasta could be served with a side salad or a bowl of freshly steamed vegetables.