CHICKEN & VEGETABLE PASTA
-1 packet San Remo Pulse Pasta
-3 chicken breasts diced
-1/2 jar tomato passata
-400g can chopped tomatoes
-1 brown onion diced
-2 cloves of garlic crushed
-1 small red chilli finely diced
-1 carrot sliced
-1 red capsicum sliced
-5 button mushrooms sliced
-1 zucchini sliced
- Boil water in a saucepan for the pasta. Once boiled, place pulse pasta into the saucepan. Cook until al dente.
- Place extra virgin olive oil, brown onion, chilli and garlic into a pan and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken breast and stir until chicken is nearly cooked
- Add all vegetables, tomato passata and chopped tomatoes
- Bring to the boil and then turn down to a simmer for 15 minutes
- Drain the pasta once cooked and serve with the prepared sauce.
Can add some fresh spinach to stir into the sauce at the end if desired.
Pulse pasta is lower in carbohydrates than normal pasta. The biggest benefit is its higher protein and fibre content. Protein and fibre help you to feel full, hopefully preventing you from over eating.