The Injury Clinic is always on the look out for like-minded people to join the team. If there isn’t a position advertised below, we encourage you to get in touch. You never know, we might just have to have you!
We are currently looking for physiotherapists to join the team!
The Injury Clinic enjoys an exclusively sport and musculoskeletal case-load, with a strong emphasis on evidence-based practice and commitment to ongoing development.
Physiotherapists at The Injury Clinic work closely together to provide a consistently high standard of client management.
The clinic has a strong focus on client education, injury prevention and performance enhancement; with an on-site gym fully equipped to assist in the management of your clients. You will be working in a close team consisting of a Sports Dietitian and Strength & Conditioning Coaches.
Services provided at The Injury Clinic include: Physiotherapy; Strength & Conditioning; Running Analysis; Dietetics; Alter-G Treadmill & more.
The clinic has affiliations with multiple local sporting organisations and athletes. We have a ‘Junior Athlete Development Program’ that sees The Injury Clinic provide support and assistance to local elite & sub-elite athletes.
A clear career progression pathway is provided to ensure that you are supported in achieving future endeavours.
The positions we are looking to facilitate are full-time (part-time considered for the right applicant).
We are seeking candidates who demonstrate the following:
**Mentorship program in place for new grads.
We currently have 2 positions available, additional team members are needed due to clinic and caseload growth.
Whilst immediate start is available, flexible start dates will be considered.
New grads are encouraged to apply, with possible start dates Dec 2021/Jan 2022.
To apply, please email Clinic Director, Laura Anderson: email@example.com
We ask that you please provide the following:
Applications close: Wednesday September 8th
Start date: Immediate (open to negotiation)
– Opening and closing clinic
– Greeting clients
– Answering phone
– Schedule management & appointment booking
– Client payments (& 3rd party invoicing)
– Liaison with clinic staff
– Website & Social Media monitoring, planning and execution
– Response to email enquiries
– Adherence to clinic policies and procedures
– Additional tasks as directed
Experience is preferred, but not essential, all candidates will be considered.
The successful candidate must:
– Be responsible & trustworthy
– Be reliable and able to commit to the position
– Show respect to clients and staff
– Demonstrate initiative
– Possess excellent communication skills
– Be willing to work as part of a team
– Have adequate computer skills
– Have a knowledge and understanding of social media platforms
– Be receptive to feedback
To apply please email your resume and cover letter to Clinic Manager, Kim Faull (firstname.lastname@example.org).
APPLICATIONS CLOSE FRIDAY JULY 2nd.
*In addition to your cover letter and resume, please include answers to the two key selection questions outlined below in the body of your email:
1. Reception staff are the first point of contact within a business. What qualities do you think are important for a person within this role?
2. Excellent communication and organisational skills are essential within this role. What strategies do you employ to ensure you communicate effectively and organise tasks with consideration of deadlines?
Start Date: Immediate