DANCE PHYSIOTHERAPY AT THE INJURY CLINIC
DANCE PHYSIOTHERAPY GEELONG
At The Injury Clinic, our physiotherapists and strength coach get a special enjoyment from working with dancers. We are able to guide you through your injury and rehabilitation program whether you are enthusiastic about dance or a professional dancer.
With a thorough understanding of the complex nature of all types of dancing and the physical demands that are placed on the body, The Injury Clinic practitioners are passionate about restoring normal movement and enabling you to continue dancing. We understand you often need to continue to dance while carrying an injury; as always, we will ensure your management plan keeps you as active and involved with your dancing as possible.
WHAT TO EXPECT…
With an emphasis on ensuring you have an understanding of your injury, and a strong focus on injury prevention, Physiotherapists at The Injury Clinic Geelong aim to not only address your current injury, but ensure that you are in the best place possible to stay healthy and achieve your goals.
DANCE PHYSIOTHERAPY AT THE INJURY CLINIC WILL INCLUDE:
– A detailed assessment of your current injury
– Discussions regarding your current goals and aims
– Development of a management plan to both improve your symptoms, and prevent injury recurrence
DANCE PHYSIOTHERAPY AT THE INJURY CLINIC MAY INCLUDE:
– Involvement of other team members at the clinic (Strength Coach; Dietitian etc.)
– Dry needling; Soft tissue techniques; Joint manipulation
– Advice and education about managing your dance load to ensure you are able to maintain your desired load