SPORTS DIETETICS AT THE INJURY CLINIC
SPORTS DIETETICS AT THE INJURY CLINIC GEELONG
An Accredited Sports Dietitian provides accurate diet and nutrition information and advice, based on scientific evidence to all active Australians. Their role is to maximise performance through nutrition by providing practical strategies, as well as support to athletes regarding their nutrition intake. An Accredited Sports Dietitian can develop strategies with athletes regarding timing of food and fluids, integrate supplement policies and protocols and manage body composition to help athletes enhance performance and minimise injury risk.
THE ROLE OF AN ACCREDITED SPORTS DIETITIAN CAN INCLUDE (BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO):
– Anthropometric testing and body composition manipulation
– Providing individual nutrition plans for athletes that are performance focused
– Implementing a supplements regime or developing supplement protocols
– Match/event/race day nutrition plans to help athletes with food and fluid timing
– Travel nutrition planning for athletes travelling for events whether it be interstate or overseas
– Fuelling and recovery strategies for every day training
SPORTS NUTRITION AT THE INJURY CLINIC WILL INCLUDE:
– A detailed assessment of your current dietary intake including meal patterns, timing, likes and dislikes, habits.
– Discussions regarding your current short and long term goals
– Discussions regarding your current training regime
– A nutrition management plan to help you achieve your goals and provide you with the knowledge to improve your overall health and wellbeing
SPORTS NUTRITION AT THE INJURY CLINIC MAY INCLUDE:
– A detailed individualised nutrition plan
– Body composition and anthropometric testing
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU SEE AN ACCREDITED SPORTS DIETITIAN AT THE INJURY CLINIC…
We aim to give you the education and tools required to help you improve your dietary habits for the long term and improve your overall health and wellbeing. Every athlete is different, there is no one size fits all model when it comes to nutrition. We take an individualised approach to every client and focus on your goals and requirements.