ZUCCHINI & CHICKEN FRITTERS
20 minutes to prepare and cook
- 2 large zucchini, trimmed, chopped
- 300g corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup shredded chicken (can use chicken breast and cook it or buy a hot chicken)
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup light milk
- ½ cup grated cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbs thyme leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil for cooking
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place zucchini into a food processor and process until finely chopped. If you don’t have a food processor you could finely grate the zucchini. Transfer to a cloth or towel and squeeze the zucchini to drain any liquid.
- Place corn, chicken, onion, flour, egg, milk, cheddar, parmesan and thyme into a bowl with the zucchini. Add salt and pepper to taste, stir until combined.
- Form the mixture into small fritters and place on the prepared tray. Spray with EVOO and bake for 10 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 5 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with a side salad, tomato chutney/relish and choice of roast potato, sweet potato or quinoa.