BLACK BEAN BURRITOS
- 4 wholegrain wraps
- 1 avocado
- 250g (1 packet or two cups) Uncle Ben’s Mexican Style Rice
- 400g (1 can) black beans
- Cheese (of choice), grated
- Natural Greek yoghurt
- Garlic powder
- Chilli powder/flakes
- 1tbsp olive oil
Serves approx. 2
- Drain and rinse black beans. Heat olive oil in pan and add beans. Add salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and chilli to taste until beans are well coated and heated through.
- While beans are heating up, also heat up Uncle Ben’s Mexican Style Rice, mash avocado in a bowl and grate cheese. Microwave wraps to soften and/or to help roll the burritos.
- Take a wrap, top with mashed avocado, Greek yoghurt, rice, beans, cheese and spinach and roll it up.
- Eat fresh or toast for approx. 1 minute. Repeat until everything is used up.
A great vegetarian meal idea. The black beans in this recipe provide protein to help you feel full. Generally sour cream is used in these types of recipes, however I substituted Greek yoghurt in its place. Greek yoghurt is very versatile and is a great alternative to sour cream. Greek yoghurt is higher in protein and lower in fat than sour cream so it is a much healthier alternative.